Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner/Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AG-ACNP/CNS)
Master of Science Degree in Nursing Delivered Online
The Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner/ Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AG-ACNP/CNS) program prepares registered nurses to manage the care of acutely ill patients – from age 17 to the elderly – and to optimize patient outcomes in health care organizations.
The program prepares RNs with acute and/or critical-care experience to provide direct patient management in acute and complex care settings.
As a licensed registered nurse with a BSN, you know what it takes to care for patients. Earning your Master’s in Nursing can help you expand your scope of practice and take your career to the next level.
The Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner/Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AG-ACNP/CNS) Program allows nurses to work in two valuable roles. The focus of the AG-ACNP/CNS program is to provide the academic knowledge and specialized clinical skills necessary to provide acute care management of patients in complex care practices as an NP and to be an interdisciplinary leader in implementing evidence-based best practices to ensure optimal patient outcomes as a CNS. Patient safety and quality of care are paramount.
The AG-ACNP/CNS program emphasizes the roles of clinical expert, practitioner, consultant, educator, researcher and leader. Graduates are empowered to integrate evidence-based practice, alleviate patient and family suffering, and facilitate ethical decision-making.
Nursing@Georgetown’s online AG-ACNP/CNS program enables you to:
- Earn your Master of Science degree in Nursing in 24 months as a part-time student;
- Become a leader and an agent of change in acute and complex health care settings;
- Engage in Web-based learning in a live seminar environment;
- Participate in clinical experiences at sites arranged in partnership with Georgetown faculty;
- Conveniently access your courses anywhere, anytime from any Internet-connected computer or mobile device;
- Review recorded sessions to revisit coursework and presentations at your convenience;
- Enjoy the benefits of Georgetown graduate student life, including access to library resources, student services, and the Hoya alumni network.
- Take the AG-ACNP and AG-CNS exam for board credentialing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and/or the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
AG-ACNP/CNS students are required to hold the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification prior to entering the program.
We invite you to learn more about this innovative program.
To speak with an Admissions Counselor call 877-910-HOYA (4692)