Financing Your Degree
Georgetown’s Office of Student Financial Services accepts financial aid applications from prospective graduate students throughout the academic year.
We encourage you to apply for financial aid in conjunction with your admissions application. To be considered, you must complete both the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Georgetown Graduate Supplemental Form. For more detailed information and instructions on how to complete these forms, please visit the Office of Student Financial Services web site.
Your Nursing Financial Aid Offer
Typically it takes three weeks for a nursing financial aid application to be processed by the federal government and reviewed by Georgetown University in order to determine a graduate student’s eligibility for need-based financial aid. Check your e-mail regularly for notices regarding your financial aid.
Your nursing financial aid offer includes information on the following:
- The total cost of attendance for the academic year (tuition, fees, living expenses)
- The amount of aid offered for the academic year, including outside resources and loans
- Instructions on how to complete the Direct Loan and Graduate PLUS loan processes and how to obtain your loan proceeds
Please note the following:
- Remember that your financial aid award notification is not your tuition bill. You will receive a separate electronic billing statement from the GU Office of Student Accounts.
- The total cost of attendance on your offer letter assumes you wish to borrow for living expenses. You may wish to forego borrowing to cover those expenses. Contact your financial aid advisor for more information.