Clinical Faculty Advisors
Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies’ online Master of Science degree in Nursing program pairs each student with a Clinical Faculty Advisor (CFA) at the beginning of the clinical sequence. The CFA models, mentors, and advises their clinical graduate student.
Through their relationship with the CFA, students develop a medium for clinical enrichment, are provided professional support, and establish a mechanism to ensure continuity of open communication. Specifically, CFAs focus on:
- Identifying a student’s learning style and needs during the clinical practicum
- Clarifying expectations related to the clinical experience
- Overseeing the mastery of instructional content as integrated into the clinical setting
- Evaluating and promoting skill development
- Monitoring clinical progress, reviewing clinical evaluation tools and clinical case discussion, and communicating with preceptors
- Collaborating with didactic course faculty to ensure achievement of course objectives
- Providing support for professional problem-solving
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Clinical Faculty Advisor for Nursing@Georgetown, please contact us at 202-687-7258 or via email.