Mission and Goals Statement
- Integrate ethical principles and clinical excellence in midwifery and WHNP practice.
- Be a competent, safe, beginning practitioner.
- Continue to develop the role of the midwife and WHNP and promote the profession of midwifery and WHNP.
- Use research skills and a scholarly approach to assist in the development and validation of midwifery and nursing science.
- Integrate theoretical and scientific concepts that influence leadership in midwifery and WHNP practice roles consistent with education, practice, and research.
- Participate in the process of health policy development for continued improvement of health care systems.
- Engage in life-long learning and the professional development of self and others.
- Practice in a manner that honors and respects the cultural beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors of the women and families served.