Clinical Placements and Nursing Preceptors
locations throughout 49 states
nurse preceptors, 50+ who are Georgetown University alumni
Clinical Student Placement
Prepare to Become a Nursing Leader
What to Expect in Clinical Rotations
The Role of Clinical Nurse Preceptors
What Nurse Preceptors Do
- Review and discuss their students’ clinical objectives and how they will be accomplished.
- Assign patients consistent with their students’ education and experience level.
- Enable their students to perform health assessments, take histories, and perform physical exams.
- Aid their students in developing appropriate treatment plans.
- Help their students evaluate the appropriate management and treatment plans to best care for patients. This includes the interpretation of lab work and diagnostic tests.
- Provide formal evaluation and supervision of their students’ performance in practicum and clinical rotations.