Explore the Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) ProgramExplore the Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) ProgramExplore the Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) Program
Provide Advanced Care in Acute and Complex SettingsProvide Advanced Care in Acute and Complex SettingsProvide Advanced Care in Acute and Complex Settings
Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies, ranked the #26 master’s-level nursing school,1 offers an online Master of Science degree in Nursing program and an online Doctor of Nursing Practice program. Earning your MS in Nursing degree online from Georgetown University will enable you to:
- Learn from faculty nurse leaders who maintain an active clinical practice.
- Complete hundreds of clinical placement hours in or near your community.
- Prepare to sit for board examinations in your chosen specialization. Across all specializations, first-time certification rates for Georgetown University students2 are consistently above the national average.3
The Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) program prepares registered nurses with the acute care experience necessary to provide direct patient management in acute and complex care settings. Graduates are prepared to:
- Integrate evidence-based practice.
- Alleviate patient and family suffering.
- Facilitate ethical decision-making.
Program and Coursework Requirements
The AG-ACNP curriculum — which includes dynamic coursework, live online classes, and real-world clinical experience — gives you the skills you need to take on leadership roles as a nurse practitioner. Program requirements include:
- 40 credits/23 months
- 6 total terms
- 600 clinical hours
- 3 on-campus intensives
AG-ACNP Certification Exam Certification Rates
Georgetown University graduates regularly surpass national average first-time certification rates for AG-ACNP certification exams.4 In 2017:
- 94.44% passed the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) exam
- 100% passed the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) exam
Take the next step: Complete this brief form to learn more about the program
1 U.S. News & World Report, 2019 Best Nursing Schools: Master’s 2 This statistic includes both on-campus and online students who graduated in 2017. 3 This statistic includes the following certification examinations:
4 This statistic includes the following certification examinations: