Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AG-ACNP/CNS)
The Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner/Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AG-ACNP/CNS) program prepares registered nurses with acute and/or critical-care experience to provide direct patient management in acute and complex care settings.
Graduates are empowered to integrate evidence-based practice, alleviate patient and family suffering, and facilitate ethical decision-making.
AG-ACNP/CNS students are required to hold the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification prior to entering the program.
By combining dynamic coursework with live online classes and real-world clinical experience, Nursing@Georgetown offers a nursing education unlike any other. Our rigorous, multidimensional AG-ACNP/CNS curriculum consists of:
|Credits to Complete||Clinical Hours Involved||Number of OCIs Required||Total Terms Necessary||Months to Complete|
Please note: Program lengths may vary depending on the student’s start date, clinical placement, and OCI completion.
Course Requirements for all Specialties:
- NURO-528 Advanced Health Assessment
- NURO-546 Physiology / Pathophysiology
- NURO-544 Advanced Concepts of Pharmacology
- NURO-530 Research Methods & Biostatistics for Healthcare Providers
- NURO-624 Foundations of Health Systems and Policy
- NURO-518 Health Care Ethics
- NURO-540 Research Evidence and Best Practices in Health Care
For Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner/Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist Specialty
- NURO-469 Anatomy for Health Care Professionals
- NURO-538 Professional Aspects of Advanced Practice Nursing
- NURO-670 Diagnostic Reasoning & Clinical Decision Making
- NURO-692 Best Practices in Teaching and Learning
- NURO-676 Adult Gerontology ACNP I
- NURO-678 Adult Gerontology ACNP II
- NURO-696 Adult Gerontology ACNP III
- NURO-716 Adult Gerontology ACNP IV
AG-ACNP/CNS: ~900 clinical hours
- AG-ACNP/CNS I: 250hrs
- AG-ACNP/CNS II: 200hrs
- AG-ACNP/CNS III: 250hrs
- AG-ACNP/CNS IV: 200hrs
Please visit the University Registrar’s web site for detailed course descriptions.
Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner/Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist graduates are eligible to sit for the Adult Gerontology ACNP and/or the Adult Gerontology CNS exam for board certification and credentialing offered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the American Associate of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN).
We invite you to learn more about this innovative program or speak with an admissions counselor by calling 877-910-HOYA (4692).