Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
Master of Science in Nursing Delivered Online
The Family Nurse Practitioner program is designed to prepare current registered nurses to fulfill the role of a competent, caring practitioner responsible for managing the care of families in the primary care setting.
Take your career to the next level
As a licensed registered nurse with a BSN, you already have what it takes to care for patients. Earning your Master’s in Nursing can help you expand your scope of practice and take your career to the next level.
Family Nurse Practitioners (FNPs) are clinical experts who implement a holistic approach that emphasizes both care and cure. They apply cutting-edge science and manage the health needs of patients in primary care settings. The focus of the FNP program is to provide the academic knowledge and clinical skills necessary for health promotion, disease prevention, assessment, and management of common acute and chronic illnesses.
Nursing@Georgetown’s online FNP program enables you to:
- Earn your Master of Science in Nursing degree in 18 months as a full-time student or in 26 months as a part-time student.
- Become an agent of change at the forefront of primary health care.
- Participate in Web-based learning in a live seminar environment.
- Participate in clinical experiences at sites arranged in partnership with Georgetown faculty.
- Conveniently access your courses anywhere, anytime from any Internet-connected computer.
- Review recorded sessions to revisit coursework and presentations at your convenience.
- Enjoy all of the benefits of a Georgetown graduate student, including access to library resources, student services, and the Hoya alumni network.
The full-time Master’s in Nursing program consists of 44 credits broken into five 14-16 week modules and can be completed in 18 months.
FNP Full-Time Course Schedule
The part-time sequence is also available for the working professional. The part-time program consists of 44 credits broken into seven 14-16 week modules and can be completed in about two years.
FNP Part-Time Course Schedule
We invite you to learn more about this innovative program.
To speak with an Admissions Counselor call 877-910-HOYA (4692)