Onboarding and Orientation
To prepare you for success using the Nursing@Georgetown systems, you will complete an onboarding process before beginning classes.
To ensure your technology is fully set up, you will need the following:
- Computer with a webcam
- Consistent, quiet location to attend live sessions from
- Strong, reliable Internet access, including an ethernet cord to hardwire to your Internet router
- Headset with a noise-canceling microphone
- Chrome and Firefox web browsers downloaded
Student Orientation Course
You will access your orientation through the 2GU online campus. The Student Orientation course is a self-paced course that will walk you through important program resources, services, and technology advice.
This course will be available to you six weeks prior to the semester start, and login credentials will be emailed to you the Friday before registration. You must successfully complete the course 21 days before the term begins.
To access the Student Orientation course:
- Log in to 2GU. Login credentials will be emailed to you the Friday before registration.
- Click on the graduation cap icon on the left-hand side of the screen and select your Student Orientation course.
- Click “Coursework” under the course name.
- Complete Units 1–7.
Student Panel and Technology Overview
Approximately two to three weeks before the term begins, you will participate in two additional online sessions: a student-to-student panel and a technology overview. The dates and times for these sessions will be announced on the orientation course wall in 2GU. You do not have to RSVP for these sessions.
Reach out to Student Success with any questions at Phone Number:1-877-503-4676 or via email.